Monday, January 06, 2020

Santa Fe Door



Santa Fe Door
by Kathy Berger

Santa Fe New Mexico is one of my favorite places in the world. I love the smell of pinyon smoke on a cold night, the historic buildings on the plaza, and the fabulous food (especially the sopapillas with honey). I think my favorite thing about it, though, is the simple beauty of the adobe buildings with their colorful wooden doors. I have tried to capture that in my card for you today.

I sponged the front of a kraft card front with a variety of brown inks. I added a strip of slightly different shade of kraft paper on which I had lightly sponged some bricks using the Frantic Stamper Old Brick Wall Stencil. Next, I diecut the door from the Front Door Fun die set from turqoise card stock. I glued a white panel behind the door so it would show through the opened door. I stamped "aloe you" and "vera much" from the Stuck on You stamp set on the white panel, and then affixed the door to the card front. I diecut all of the Cacti and pots in the new Potted Cacti die set from white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, and then affixed them to the card front. I created a door mat by gluing some jute twine to a small cardstock oval. Lastly, I added a Dream Catcher charm I have had in my stash forever to the card with a bit of clear adhesive.



I hope you will agree with me that this card feels like it came right off a Santa Fe post card. Be sure to check out the Frantic Stamper January 2020 release to see more great products, and the design team members blogs for more cards Southwestern, Mardi Gras, and St. Patrick's Day cards using those products. The links to the team members blogs are in their names, found to the right of this post.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10759
 
FRA-Die-10492
 
FRA-CL-144
 
FRA-STN-009

No comments:

Post a Comment