Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Giggle

by Kris Hankins


Giggle

I love this sweet card. It is the perfect card to send a girlfriend “just because” or to someone expected a little baby girl. She just makes me smile.

Materials

  • Paper and Cardstock
    • Prima Jack n' Jill Cardstock, Day Dreamer     ( PRI-P-841652   $0.79)
    • Bazzill Pinecone Cardstock     ( BAZ-9-975   $0.59)
    • Cream cardstock of choice
  • Embellishments
  • Tools
  • Adhesives

Instructions

  • I started by making a 5.25” square card base with my favorite cream colored cardstock. Next, I added a layer of brown bazzill cardstock to the front of the card.

  • From my Prima Jack n Jill cardstock, I cut a 5” square from the corner with the little girl printed on it.

    Note – this leaves a little boy in another corner so you can make a similar card for a boy.

  • Attach this to the brown layer on the front of the card.

  • Each daisy was colored in with a Stardust pen to make it iridescent.
    I put light olive pearls (varying sizes) in the centers of each flower.



  • A taupe colored silk bow was attached to the little girl’s hair.
    Also, a green Prima tiny-tot flower was added to her hands.



  • I stamped a scrap of the cream colored cardstock with the word “giggle”.
    I punch it out with a 1” circle punch.

  • On a scrap of the Jack n Jill cardstock, I punched a 1.25” circle from the REVERSE side of the paper.

  • Lastly, a 1.5” scalloped circle was punched from a scrap of the brown cardstock.

  • I glued the brown and flowered layers together.
    Giggle was added using a 3D foam square.
    The completed sentiment circle was attached to the card with 2 3D foam squares.



    TIP - Also, as I usually try to do… I added a scrap border piece of cardstock to the lower inside edge of card. This just adds that little extra something that really finishes off a card.

Enjoy this sweet card… and giggle a little.

1 comment: