Friday, May 27, 2011

Set of Three Spring Cards (Design Team Project)

by Sharon Jeffs

Set of Three Spring Cards



I love spring. Although it’s very cold where I live right now, it’s nice to know that on the other side of our planet someone is enjoying the spring that I am missing.

I love the sudden emergence of life when spring comes around. The birds begin to sing from the trees and the ground blooms with flowers. To celebrate this I decided to create a spring inspired set of cards.

I actually prefer creating sets of three cards at a time. It means that I use all of the supplies I had reserved for a card so that I don’t have as much leftover scraps. It also means that I have three cards to giveaway rather than one. Whenever I begin, I like to tie in the theme across each card by using either the same colour palette and/or similar techniques.

For my first card I began by inking a white base card with coordinating inks. I used patterned papers from the Pink Paisley ‘Butterfly Garden’ collection. Once it was cut out I stamped three bird images along one side in a light coloured ink. I used an Inkadinkadoo ‘Inchies set’ that featured bird images. cut up all my pieces and inked all the edges for a grungy effect then layered some blossoms across the card (I kind of thought this was prettier and more ‘spring’ than just a bit of ribbon) then added one of the pretty bird stickers from the K & Company ‘Blessings of joy’ range. I love these stickers because they have some dimension to them as well as having a very vintage feel to the images.

<

With my second card I also began by inking a white base card. I used more patterned papers to create a background on my card and even a wide mat for my stamped section that I then curled the edges of. In the stamped section, I only stamped the top and bottom image so that I could add the ‘hope’ sticker to the centre of this strip. To finish off I then coloured my stamped birds and added a bird’s nest sticker.



For my final card I once again inked the edges after covering the entire surface with a piece of patterned paper. To tie my last card in with the other two, I decided to create a curled edge mat for another piece of patterned paper and I cut a few blossoms in half to adhere to a few parts of the curled edges. I finished off by randomly stamping some of the bird images in the centre paper then adding another bird sticker to finish my card off.



These cards only took me about an hour to put together. The stickers made my cards so much quicker to create. I love the idea of creating a set of cards to giveaway rather than one so that I won’t feel so guilty when I can’t part with a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment