Saturday, May 07, 2011

Something Special Saturday: two holidays this weekend!



Two Holidays This Weekend!

Today is National Scrapbooking Day and tomorrow is Mother's Day. In honor of the two holidays, I would like to share a CD album I made for my mom. Each of the tags you can see tucked into each page has part of a poem and a photo (of mom's four children and three grandchildren) scrapped on it.



The papers I used are all from the Je T'Adore collection by Making Memories (and for the record, J'adore these papers! They are absolutely gorgeous!) The dimensional flowers were hand-cut from those papers and layered. The letters were gel stickers I had hanging around that just happened to match...and magically I had all the letters I needed to spell "MOTHER".

To make the album, I glued three CD folders together, back to front. I then added a ribbon around the album to tie it closed. Next I glued on front and back covers and decorated the front of the album. I covered the front edges of the CD folders where they were glued together, and then covered the inside pages. Lastly I made the six tags and decorated them with the poem and photos.





I hope you and my Mom will enjoy it!



What are YOUR plans for National Scrapbooking Day? Are you going celebrate by going to a crop or perhaps having a shopping spree at FranticStamper, or do you have other plans for marking the day?

And how about Mothers' Day? Will you do anything special to commemorate the day? What was your favorite Mothers' Day from the past? The design team would love to hear your stories! Please leave a comment!

Smiles,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment