Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Amelia Earhart Art Journal Page (Sharon Jeffs)







Amelia Earhart Art Journal Page
by Sharon Jeffs

I recently ordered one of the Dylusions Art Journals in an effort to see if using a different medium would create a more even effect when using the Dylusions sprays - and I was right!  There was no unexpected bleeding, especially when using a stencil and even using paint seemed to be a great outcome on the pages of this book!

I used a stencil and Dylusions sprays to create my background then painted in the black border before adding white dotted edges with a paint marker.  I also added paint dots (using the super awesome new Distress paints) and dressed them up with paint markers to kind of look like different cogs.

The pilot is a stamp from the Frantic Stamper line of stamps which I stamped and colored on old book paper.  This stamp kind of brought up memories of that old mystery that surrounds the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and so I decided to add a quote from her to finish my page.



No comments:

Post a Comment