Monday, June 09, 2014

A Bear in the Mountains (Lis Whiting)



A Bear in the Mountains
by Lis Whiting



I love the country, hiking and outdoors in general.  I've done a lot of camping with my family when I was young so this panel die is really great for sending my dad a Fathers Day card.

Although the panel die is really great all by itself, I wanted t add some real dimension and "forest" feel to it. Here's how I made my card.

I actually used two different panels for this card.  The bottom is the sun and rays cut out a sunburst panel out of gold gloss and layered onto a bright blue panel. I also cut out just the round sun out of bright yellow glitter card and attached it to the gold glossy panel with glue dots. The blue mat was then adhered to a slightly larger rust colored mat and then onto my card base.

I cut my bear scene from dark brown cardstock.  I recut the small tree several times (just that section) using dark green suede paper.  I also cut the Oregon Fir Tree die using dark green suede paper.  I cut just the top of this die several more times.  What can I say, I like trees!  Last but not least I cut the "fence post" (doubles for a log to me!) in rust and in dark brown.  I added more of the mountain trees in back and in front of the original, which I covered in green suede paper.  I added the large tree between the two "logs" and added yet more young trees by the logs.



I used mounting tape for most of this section. After this top part was done, I mounted it using more mounting tape to the card base/sunburst panel.



I really love all the small trees and the logs. It gives a mountain top feel (for me at least).



 
 



*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.
Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Really effective Lis, I love how dimensional your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I love the scene you created with just dies.

    ReplyDelete