Friday, June 20, 2014

Lavender Butterfly (Lis Whiting)




Lavender Butterfly
by Lis Whiting


I love to use butterflies on my cards. They make a great 3-D addition and add a bit of whimsy to any card.



I have several butterfly dies.  After Rozy made so many beautiful butterflies ((see the Frantic Stamper Facebook post on 5-12-14), I decided that I wanted to make a card or two using the FS dies.

I wanted my card to be non-traditional. I started with a black and white striped paper added to an ivory card base.  I added some patterned lavender paper which I also used to cut out the intricate butterfly.  I also used one of the new photo card sets (ADORE).  I only used the photo card itself and cut it twice; once in gold glossy and once in gold shimmer.  I took the cut-outs From the gold shimmer and added them back into the gold glossy and added to my card.  This is the anchor for my pretty butterfly.



To keep the color theme going, I used the solid butterfly die to cut out a gold glossy butterfly then layered the lavender butterfly on top.

I added some bling and some ribbon to finish.



I love the way this card turned out with the vertical and horizontal lines.


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Lis, such a beautiful card! Love your color combination and the butterflies are beautiful! I love that they have two layers and so airy looking! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lis, I love the colors you used together and that butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete