Thursday, July 16, 2015

Countryside Forsythia Bushes (Ann Greenspan)





Countryside Forsythia Bushes
by Ann Greenspan


I used this photo of my neighbor's yard as inspiration for my card:



Every year my neighbor's yard blooms with various colors as the season progresses.  First come the yellow daffodils and forsythia bushes, then the cherry blossoms, red buds and magnolias, and then it's time for the azaleas.  My card is a little late for the season but I wanted to wait for the Rail Fence ribbon die to make the card complete, and I didn't own that die until just recently.

I find it easier to make scene cards when adhering the scene dies to a card panel just slightly smaller than the actual card base.   This way the sky doesn't go right up to the top of the card; there is a little bit of white framing behind it.   I used a card base that was A2 sized or 4.25 x 11" folded in half giving it a folded size of 4.25 x 5.5".  The top white panel was cut to a size of 4 x 5.25".

Once the top white panel was ready, I die cut the hills using the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers.   I then cut one of the Medium Bare Elm and Medium Base Ash trees, manually cutting both down to a shorter height so they looked more like shrubs.

I used the tiniest of the Petite Layering Posies for the flowers on the bushes, cutting them out of yellow card stock and filling in the centers with a white gel pen.   Next I used the Rail Fence ribbon die and ran that through a wood embossing folder to give it just a little texture, but that is hard to see in the photo.  I added the tiniest of the birdhouses and the hummingbird from the Small Birds collection.  The final step was to cut out the Little Clouds and adhere them with foam tape to give a dimensional look.



*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.

 
FRA-Die-09448

 
FRA-Die-09447
 
FRA-Die-09456
 
FRA-Die-09403
 
FRA-Die-09170
 
0FRA-Die-09193
 
FRA-Die-09084
 
FRA-Die-09415

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty what a great interpretation of the garden next door. Such a lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete