Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Cute Pup





Cute Pup
by Kathy Berger

The March 2020 release from Frantic Stamper is all about pets. The Cute Dog in a Bed die set coordinates well with the My Dog's Stuff set, and with the previously released Dog House set. I decided to mix and match from the older and brand new sets to make my card.

To make my dog card I modified the dog diecuts. I cut two of them out of white paper and colored them identically. From one I carefully cut off the head, and from the other I cut away most of the head, but left enough to allow me to layer the other head over it without any gap. I then die cut a paper spring, trimmed it down to fit behind the head, and affixed it to the back of the head.

For the base of the card I die cut the largest rectangular frame in the Elementals #13 die set. I set the frame aside while I created the background for the dog. Using the cloud side of the Frantic Stamper Scene Builder Stencil I created a cloudy sky. I die cut a doghouse out of red cardstock, and its roof out of black. I also die cut a grassy hill edger out of green, and cut the hill to the same size as the background by diecutting it with the frame die. Doing this also gave me stitch lines around the bottom and sides of the grass. I glued the grass in place, and added the dog house to the scene, trimming off the excess. I die cut a sun, added it to the upper right corner of the backdrop, and trimmed off the excess. I then affixed the backdrop to my card.

I glued the dog's body in place on the backdrop, and then glued the spring on the back of the dog's head to the scene, over the dog's body. I added small google eyes to the dog's head.

I added foam tape to the back of the frame and adhered it to the card, taking care that it perfectly aligned with the backdrop.

Lastly, I diecut the rope toy from the My Dog's Stuff set, colored it, and attached it to the lower left corner of the frame.

Here is a brief clip of the head in motion. I hope you will enjoy it!



Isn't the card fun?!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10795
 
FRA-Die-10797
 
FRA-Die-10471
 
FRA-Die-09370
 
FRA-Die-09
 
FRA-Die-09797

No comments:

Post a Comment