Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Lamb



Easter Lamb
by Kathy Berger

Happy Easter!

I know this Easter is different from the usual celebratory day. We all have had our lives disrupted by this pandemic, and many of us are struggling with the results of our necessary shutdown. I hope in spite of the chaos you are all able to find some peace on this special day.

So, today I have a sweet vintage lamb from our February release to share with you. I diecut the lamb out of white paper and lightly colored it with Copic cool gray markers, shading the belly and adding soft swirls to mimic the lamb's wool. I added a tiny google eye to the eye hole created by diecutting. I set the lamb aside.

I inked the gingham background stamp with violet ink and stamped it on white paper. I also used the direct-to-paper technique with the same ink pad to create a strip of plain cardstock, create a rectangle of plain cardstock, and to color the lamb's bow. I stamped my sentiment on white cardstock with the same ink, and diecut it out with an oval die. I diecut a scalloped oval from the rectangle of plain cardstock and layered it under the sentiment oval.

I cut a lacy scalloped border from white cardstock. I glued the border strip under the edge of the gingham cardstock, and then glued it to my card front and trimmed off the excess. I glued the strip of plain cardstock to the bottom edge of the card. I glued the lamb and the sentiment in place. I finished off the card by gluing the bow onto the lamb.

I hope you will have a wonderful Easter Day!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10770
 
FRA-Die-10150
 
FRA-Die-09638
 
FRA-Die-10664
 
FRA-CL-146
 
FRA-CLG-B025

No comments:

Post a Comment