Monday, April 15, 2013

Faith, Charity and Hope Art Journal Page (Sharon Jeffs)





Faith, Charity and Hope Art Journal Page
by Sharon Jeffs


I really am enjoying creating art journal pages at the moment, especially with all the fantastic products now available to make creating so much easier.  Take for example, the newest Dylusions stencils that feature silhouettes of people.  These stencils come with both a positive and a negative image that I used to create this page!

I began my page first by cutting out the remaining bits of the stencils that held the figures, then layered the main section over my page.  I used the red ink and sprayed it over the first silhouette, allowing it to spray over onto the centre one and I did the same thing with the blue spray over the third figure.  When I spritzed and wiped over each figure, the colours of the centre figure mixed and blended.

Once this was thoroughly dry, I layered the individual silhouette stencils over the inked figures then painted in the background using a mixture of blacks, greys and whites.  Once this was dry, I used the subway stencil and a mixture of embossing paste and gold Perfect Pearls to stencil in all the lines.  When finished I pulled up ALL of the stencils to reveal lines that appear to go behind my silhouette figures!

As a final touch I re-layered the first stencil over my page and stamped background images over the silhouettes.  I used the Frantic Stamper Harlequin Background stamp over the first, the Great-Grandfathers Letters background stamp over the centre silhouette and the Lace Background stamp over the third and final silhouette.

To complete my page, I used a variety of markers to add in details such as the heart, faceless faces, the anchor and the cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment