Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Memories (Lis Whiting)




Memories
by Lis Whiting



Hi! Lis here with another card created with the pretty Family Is BoBunny Collection.

I chose Drama, a pretty pattern with circles/text.  I added a piece of torn handmade paper (brown with gold touches).  I cut out a tag from Silly, added a rub on to it and edged it in gold.

I wanted to add a bead mix to my card so I laid my tag flat onto my card (no glue).  I added some Ailene's Tacky glue next to and overlapping my brown piece of paper.  I used my finger to spread the glue out.  Then I took some bead mix and poured it over the tag and the card.  (I used a pan so I wouldn't make as much of a mess as I usually do!)  I let the card dry over night.  Once dry I removed any loose beads. Then I carefully pulled up the tag.  I added mounting tape to the back of my tag and adhered it to my card.





I added the bow last.  I used three kinds of ribbon in this bow. I used brown satin for the back, green organza for the front and I tied the bows together with a mauve organza. I left long tails of the mauve organza that I glue-dotted across the top and side of my card.



I hope that you liked my card.  I have two more cards that I made with the Family Is Collection. Watch for them!

Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment