Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Poinsettia on White (Kathy Berger)




Poinsettia on White
by Kathy Berger


I promised that I would be making Christmas cards throughout the year and that I would share at least one every month, so today's card is part of filling those promises. The card is 4 1/4" square so it can be mailed in a standard a4 envelope, but with consideration taken for the dimension of the poinsettia button.

To make the card I started by scoring the front of my card, 1/2" and 3/4" from the edges (and the fold) using a scoring tool.

I continued the card by cutting a hole in the center of the front of my card with the 1" single square die from Frantic Stamper Precision Die set #1. On the inside of the card front, I used foam tape to adhere a square cut with the quad-size square from Frantic Stamper Precision Die set #3.

I then adhered the poinsettia button inside the recessed square from the front of the card.

And finally, I created a raised frame for the recessed square. I started by cutting a 1" square in the center of a quad-sized square made with the quad-sized square from Frantic Stamper Precision Die set #4 and adhering it to the card front with foam tape. Then I cut a 1 1/4" square using the single square die from the Frantic Stamper Precision Die set #2 in the center of a quad-sized square made with the die from set #3, and adhered it with foam tape.



I hope this card will inspire you to get an early start on your holiday cards! This card may sound complicated to have made, but it was SO simple to do because of the Precision dies! If I can find more poinsettia buttons, this card is going to be one I make more of for this holiday season!

Smiles!
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment