Thursday, January 26, 2012

Warehouse Wednesday: Meet the 2012 Design Team (Lis Whiting)



Warehouse Wednesday: Meet the 2012 Design Team (Lis Whiting)



Hi! I'm Lis Whiting and I have been crafting for many years now, and have been part of the Frantic Stamper design team for two years, joining it for a third as an alternate.

I currently live in California with two kitties who view my craft room as their personal toy factory, so they have to have monitored visits! I work full time at a hospital in the Finance Division which I also find very interesting.

I am a lover of art in all its forms. I love most types of music, my favorite art "period" is hard to say. I love impressionist painters but I love art deco jewelry. I enjoy classical music as well as rock. I really like the Victorian period - steam punk really appeals to me. I am a real fan of Tim Holtz and his distress/grunge. My favorite color is cobalt blue. I like deep rich colors like emeralds, burgundies and browns.

One of the questions that I was asked to answer is "how often do you window shop at Frantic Stamper?" I must admit that I look forward to coming home each day and spending a little "me" time (even if its only 5 minutes) by going to FS and seeing what's new! My favorite can't-do-without tool is, of course, my paper trimmer. I still have one of the old Fiskars grey trimmers that I use most often although I know I need to get a new one some day. If I had to choose any other tool it would be my die cutters. I have one from Sizzix and I also have an Accucut. I like to use thicker materials and these die cutters are absolutely essential!

I have two sisters who think I am a little nuts but hey....at least they know where I am!

The inspiration for my artwork...hmmm. That's hard to say. I think I am still finding myself. My biggest influences are the shapes of books, gears and the victorian period in general. I SO enjoy making cards and other paper creations. Putting paper together to make something beautiful is always a wonderful thing.

Here are my submissions for the DT call.



No comments:

Post a Comment