Monday, February 09, 2015

Southwest Note Card (Anne Harada, Guest Designer)



Southwest Note Card
by Anne Harada, Guest Designer


Hi Everyone!

I was over the moon when I heard Kathy was designing Southwest themed dies to add to the FS Precision Dies line!  The card I have for you today uses both the Kokopelli character and Zia symbol from the FRA-DIE-09409 "Kokopelli and Zia (set of two)" set.

I have always loved this little Kokopelli guy, and I am thrilled to now have the image available as a die!



I started my card by creating a background with Distress Inks.  I randomly tapped several colors of the minis onto an acrylic block, then generously misted it with water so the colors starting blending together.



Next, I turned the block onto my white card panel.



I let it sit on there for just a few seconds so the colors would soak a bit into the cardstock.  After removing the block, I heat set the ink (mostly because I was too impatient to wait for it to dry naturally LOL!).



When the ink dries, it tends to soften the colors some which is typically a good thing when you're going for that watercolor look!

Next, I added texture with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, then stamped my sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto the lower left corner.



I mounted the background panel onto a black cardstock layer and then die cut the Kokopelli and Zia and adhered them to the panel.  Done!

DO try out some of these new and unique dies from the Southwest series!  I love playing with them and will have more samples to share soon!  TFL!!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09409


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of dies and technique for a very lovely and effective look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I am a southwestern soul...and don't see enough of this style in the industry.

    ReplyDelete