Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wavy Beach (Kathy Berger)




Wavy Beach
by Kathy Berger


When I designed the Stars and Stripes Photo Card I saw many things in its curved lines. I saw a flag waving in the breeze, snow-covered hills, sand dunes in the desert, and ocean waves. I decided to create some waves for you today, in a tropical setting. Get your piƱa coladas ready and join me by some blue tropical waters.

To make this card I cut a base for the wave piece from a scrap of paper from my recycle bin using the Dotted Journal Card. This journal card is the exact same shape as all of the photo cards so it works perfectly as a base to build upon (I could also have used the Stitched Photo Cards, FRA-Die-09149, which is also the same size and shape).

I cut the Stars and Stripes card from white card-stock three times, and from several coordinating shades of blue (I used paint chips from the same color family for the waves, but the sky was colored with Copics), reserving the cutouts. I layered two of the white cards to the base, and then filled in the cutout sections with a single layer of the saved pieces, gluing them into place.

I cut the Memory Box exclusive for Frantic Stamper sailboats out of white card-stock and adhered them to the piece, and then I glued the final Stars and Stripes card on top.



I added the panel to a plain white card with its corners rounded, and then added the Mix 'n Match Palm Tree on top, supported by foam tape on the edges.

I hope you have enjoyed my little escape to the ocean, my favorite place to be!






No comments:

Post a Comment