Monday, June 15, 2020

Oceans of Love



Oceans of Love
by Kathy Berger



Slimline cards seem to be all the rage these days, and I decided I needed to see what the craze is all about. I think I figured it out! Making these long slender cards allows a lot more of a scene to be captured. It reminds me of when televisions switched from the old 4:3 screen ratio to the newer 16:9 format that is so normal to us now. When I first saw an older movie on a flat-screen TV with that new format I was amazed at how much I had been missing because the old format cut off the picture. It is almost exactly like that with the slimline format.

At first I felt like the card was too wide to be able to be filled, and then I thought it felt too short to get in enough to create a scene with depth and background, but in the end it felt just right, and like I had more horizontal space to tell my story.

Will this cardstyle become my goto style? Probably not. But it does feel good to have it in my back pocket when I need it!

I really loved coloring the new Sea Buddies dies from the June 2020 release and the assortment of sea bottom dwellers and ocean creatures that helped to round-out my story. I hope you will enjoy the card half as much as I enjoyed making it.




*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10843
 
FRA-Die-10241
 
FRA-Die-10240
 
FRA-Die-09507
 
FRA-Die-09506
 
FRA-Die-09503

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this card, Kathy!! The coloring is spot on, and I agree with you that the slimline format gives so much more space to tell a story. 100% LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete