Friday, September 02, 2011

A Day at the Zoo (Design Team Project)

by Debi Wind

A wonderful activity to do during summer is to go to the zoo. I take my nieces and nephews at least twice during the summer...they love seeing all the animals. Some of their favorites are the elephants, the giraffes, and the monkeys.

So to commemorate our visits to the zoo I created this altered clipboard. Altering a clipboard is a fun way to make a wall hanging. It is different way to create a memory of an event one has done!



The materials (except for the clipboard & acrylic paint) are found at www.franticstamper.com. The products included are mini die cuts by Paper House, stickers by Jolee's by You, pattern papers Bo Bunny "Zoology" series, Giraffe and Leopard twill by Creative Impressions, Inkssentials 1"X3" memory glass and foil tape, and clear square buttons by Buttons Galore. The clipboard and acrylic paint is from my own supplies.

I painted the clipboard with 2 coats of light cinnamon acrylic paint. Once dry I added two different pattern papers cut to size and twill to embellish. I then added mini die cuts and stickers by Jolee's. I cut "Zoo" from a page of labels, add a microscope slide with pattern paper naming various animals and trimmed the edges with silver metal tape. I added 3 clear square buttons to embellish and twill to finish the project.



I enjoyed creating this altered clipboard wall hanging that can be used in a child's room as a wall hanging. It is a great way to share the memories of our trip to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment