Saturday, September 17, 2011

Something Special Saturday: My Go To Copics...

My Go To Copic Pens

Today I am going to share my list of pens that I seem to be using the most often and that I took with me on my month-long trip to the east coast this past summer.

I came up with my list after taking a pretty good look at the bulk of the images I like to color. It seems I have a lot of florals and quite a few kind of cute animal images that I like to color, so that influenced my color list somewhat. If you color really different images, your list of must-haves is likely to be pretty different.



My floral fandom means that I need colors in the pink, red, coral, violet, and green spectra. My critter craze meant I would want to have browns, tans, and grays. And then I needed to have some blues because, as everyone who knows me knows, I love any color as long as it is blue!

When I do go, I carry my 36 must-have markers in a wonderful portable storage wallet, available at FranticStamper (Copic wallet for 36 markers; holds Ciao, Sketch or Copic Markers, COP-WAL-36, MSRP: $19.95 -- Fran's price: $15.95!)

So... without further ado, here is my list of Go To Copics.

Yellow: Y02, Y08
Yellow Red: YR02, YR04, YR07
Red: R20, R22, R27, R29, R81, R85
      (NOTE... I don't carry any Red Violet or true Violet)
Blue Violet: BV00, BV02, BV04, BV08
Blue: B93, B95, B97, B99
Blue Green: BG000, BG01
Green: G21, G28
Yellow Green: YG11, YG17,YG91, YG95
Earth Tones: E00, E31, E33, E35, E37, E49
Gray: W1, W5 (though if I had Copic Sketch, I would probably use N1 and N5 and I do sometimes wish for cool grays...)
      AND... of course,
Neutral: 0 (which is the blender pen)

I also carried a Copic Multiliner and a couple of Momento markers in the side zipper pouch of the wallet.

I'd sure love to see which picks you agree with, and which ones you have to have instead. Leave a comment! I really look forward to your input!

Smiles,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment