Friday, September 09, 2011

Wish Big (Design Team Project)

by Kris Hankins



Who wouldn’t like receiving this fun card on their birthday? It’s easy, bright and dimensional. Perfect for just about any one at any age.

This project uses papers from Bo Bunny, a chipboard party hat from Maya Road, and Crystal Stickles, though you could substitute other paper or other chipboard shapes to suit your needs.

I used a standard-sized white card blank. Next I cut a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of Bo Bunny Double Dot Licorice cardstock and a 4” x 5.25” piece of Bo Bunny Petal Pushers “Whoosh” paper. (The circle side will be the background, the pink side will be my highlight. I love to use double-sided papers because I can count on the two sides coordinating!)

I inked the top of the chipboard party hat with Lime Pastel Fluid Chalk ink and let it dry. I then took a small piece of “Whoosh” paper and glued it to the front of the inked chipboard party hat, with the circle” side glued to the chipboard. I trimmed the excess paper from around chipboard hat.



Using “crystal” Stickles, I completely covered the pom pom at the top of the party hat. The green ink underneath shows through the Stickles.



I inked the pre-cut Bazzill dot border with the same Lime Pastel Fluid Chalk ink as I used on the hat. (I love these new Bazzill “Half the Edge” pre-cut borders. These are only 6 inches long, come 20 to a package, and are PERFECT for card making. You can get them in colors, but I prefer the white and just ink them as needed.)

I stamped my birthday sentiment on white cardstock using black Memories ink, trimmed it to size and glued the inked dot border to the white cardstock. The white cardstock shows through the punched holes in the border.

I layered my sentiment onto a piece of Licorice Double Dotted cardstock and trimmed to about 1/8” larger.

I then attached the “Whoosh” layer to the Licorice colored cardstock, and then added that to the front of the white card base.



I finish up by attaching the sentiment to the front of the card with 3D adhesive foam squares and glued the chipboard hat directly to the card.




Wish BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment