Friday, December 09, 2011

Shabby Christmas Gift Card Holder (Design Team Project)

By Kris Hankins

Shabby Christmas Gift Card Holder

It seems like there is always someone on our holiday shopping list that we end up buying a gift card for. If you are like me, you want to present it to the recipient looking just as pretty as a wrapped gift box.



I made this shabby looking gift card holder using TWO manila tags. To give myself some space to insert the gift card, I added 1/2“ accordion pieces to the sides and bottom of the tags. This creates a space between the two tags. You can fill it with tissue or a wrapped gift card. Suggestion – this can be made with wider sides to hold small gifts too.

Here is what the gift card holder looks like from the side. Accordion sides were added, and the top portion of the tag was scored so that it could easily be tied together at the top.



I covered both tags with glittery paper from the Snowfall collection by Bo Bunny. I chose a paper that already had a glittered flourish pattern on it. Next, I stamped the snowflakes using stamps from the Frantic Stamper line of rubber stamps. I embossed these snowflakes in white and inked them afterwards with shades of blue ink. I added a thin layer of glitter glue to the snowflakes. This made them sparkle all over without being overly glittery. I attached them to the front of the tags - some double layered for added dimension. I embellished the tags with clear rhinestones, sheer ribbons, and small punched mini snowflakes.

Lastly, I stamped a Christmas sentiment, trimmed it into the shape of a mini-tag, and tucked it beside the ribbons and a snowflake.

I think this is a beautiful way to give a gift card. Someone in my family with be finding this hanging from the Christmas tree on Christmas morning! I wonder who it will be???

Happy Holidays.

1 comment: