Sunday, December 04, 2011

Sketch Sunday: Card #16



I have got to get going on making cards for Christmas, so I am making the sketches all about cards these days. I know I am way behind on them, but I have hit a little rough patch personally, so I am having a hard time getting going. But I did manage to make one card using today's sketch.



I challenged myself to create the entire card with no stamping. I like what I came up with, and I am one card closer to the 100 I need to make. I tend to be pretty literal with the sketch the first time I make a card with it, so here is my sketch card.



Current (and future) Team member Sharon Jeffs and future team member Jane Larsson also made cards from the sketch. First I will share Sharon's. I just love the silver panel in the center and her interpretation of the sketch's rounded rectangle is just beautiful, don't you agree?



And here is Jane's card. I love the layers she did on the center panel and the card's focal point image is perfectly presented with the little red frame.



The Design Team would like to challenge YOU to make a card using this sketch and share it with us. Send a jpg or png photo of your card to FranticStamperSketchPhotos@yahoo.com and I will try to add it to this post.

2 comments:

  1. Cut all the pretty bits off those beautiful Christmas cards you get every year and save them. I do, and about every two years, I have enough to make cards for everyone on my list. Even the plain color backs of cards are fodder for your die-cut machine, so there's plenty of creative latitude, and besides, some of that stuff is just too pretty to toss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! She is beautiful your creations!
    I will try, in my turn to make a card with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete