Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stacking Animals (Jen Carter)




Stacking Animals
by Jen Carter



I adore (ADORE) these baby animal dies!  This is the first of several cards that I'll be sharing using these dies.  The first thing I thought of when I started playing with these were that they would be so cute stacked, which of course required a tall card.  This card measures 8 x 4, so I cut my card base 8 x 8 to accommodate the fold. I chose some cute patterned paper for my animals and went to stacking!


Baby Animals Congrats Closeup 1.3

Do you see the base that the elephant is balancing precariously on?  That is a die that is included in the die set and it worked perfectly to ground these animals.  I thought it would be cute to add a little butterfly from the Petite Butterflies die set on the lion's tail!  For the ear of the elephant and the face of the lion I used dimensionals to pop them up a little.  There are eyes for the lion that can be die cut too but this time I used a little black pen to add eyes.


Baby Animals Congrats Closeup 1.4


The monkey seemed like he needed to be clowning around so I put him upside down as if he were swinging around.  I think he is so adorable! To make him seem more 3D I adhered the top portion of him (head) directly to the card front and then I used dimensionals to pop up his bottom stomach and legs.  It added a fun dimension to the animals!


Baby Animals Congrats Closeup 1.1


This die set is so fun!! There are so many possibilities, so many themes that they can be used with!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed the card!


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.
Frantic Stamper Products Used:

4 comments:

  1. This so cute and would be perfect for a child's birthday. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love the happiness surrounding this card! Beautiful interpretation of the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Jen - I love the use of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love what you are doing with this die set. It's perfect!! The butterfly on the lion's tail is too darned cute! The monkey swinging is so playful and fun. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete