Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wings of Paris Card (Sharon Jeffs)




Wings of Paris Card
by Sharon Jeffs


I absolutely adore creating distressed backgrounds and mixing different mediums together to get unique and different results.  I tend to cut a sheet of watercolour paper into smaller squares that I can experiment on and every once in awhile, I create something I adore!

This card began and an experiment.  I put a dollop of white, red and yellow acrylic paint onto a flat surface then rolled over it with a brayer.  I then brayered over a sheet of watercolour paper and spritzed it with water.  Once it was dry, I inked the edges and stamped one of my absolute favourite background stamps "Great Grandfathers Letter".

The butterfly is actually an imprint of the "Solid Butterfly" die that I carved to make my own matching stamp.  I stamped the butterfly using the same mix of paints that I'd created earlier with the brayer.

Finally I die cut an "Eiffel tower" from a scrap of card stock and covered with a layer of silver leafing and Distress ink (to tarnish and age the bright silver).


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Products Used:

1 comment:

  1. Lots of different techniques! I love the color combination you came up with Sharon, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete