Saturday, January 10, 2015

Birds, Blossoms, Butterflies! (Anne Harada, Guest Designer)




Birds, Blossoms, Butterflies!
by Anne Harada, Guest Designer


I find myself doing less and less stamping on my projects these days.  Not because I don't love to play with ink, but because there are so many exciting dies out there that feed that creativity itch!  Frantic Stamper is one of my favorite go-to resources for inspiration in this category!

A tip to pass along to die users, is to die cut extra samples of your dies, whether you think you'll use them on the project at hand or not.  When you're actually sitting down to make a card, die cut even more extras.  Just save them - both the positive and negative parts - and you'll find yourself reaching for those extra pieces to use on other projects or to use as design guides and inspiration for your next project.  Use them as intended, or try stacking them with dimensional foam to create toile embellishments; use them as masks; sprinkle them around your background panel before dry embossing the panel for a fun unique background!  When your Mojo is lacking, challenge yourself to create something using the extra pieces, you'll be surprised how quickly and easily a project can come together with all those fun embellishments!

I created four cards using a combination of six FS dies.  No stamping was involved (with the exception of the sentiment)!  Several of the die cuts are my own leftovers from previous projects I've done!  Here are my samples!















*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Products Used:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne, love your card! I absolutely agree, I save everything and I also cut things out of the scraps. It's so easy to have a stash! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete