Monday, March 09, 2020

Birthday Kitty



Birthday Kitty
by Kathy Berger



Making this kitty card was really fun. First, I diecut the kitty and My Cat's Stuff from white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I set them aside. I diecut the box out of kraft cardstock and set it aside as well.

I made the backdrop for the card by cutting a piece of yellow patterned cardstock and a piece of dark brown cardstock to form a wall and floor, and glued them to the card. I then cut 1/4" strips of card stock and used them to create a frame around the card. I mitered the corners as I adhered them to the card. I put the cat inside the box, adhered them together, and then glued them to the card. I added the cat's bowl, fishbones, and toy to the bottom of the card.

I created the tiny gift label for the box with my Brother P-touch label maker and then adhered it in place. I die cut the heart balloon and string and added them to the card. Notice I let the kitty's tail hold the balloon by passing it through the loop in the balloon string. My final touch was to put a bit of glossy accents on the cat's eyes.

I sent this card to a really dear friend who has Alzheimer's. She likes cute things, and cats are her favorite animal. I hope she enjoyed it!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10794
 
FRA-Die-10796
 
FRA-Die-09322

No comments:

Post a Comment