Monday, March 09, 2020

This Little Piggy



This Little Piggy
by Kathy Berger


A pig as a pet? Why not! The family who lived in my home before we bought it had a potbelly pog as a pet because their child was allergic to cats and dogs, and there is a girl whom my daughter follows on Facebook and Instagram who has a cute pig as a pet. So, again, why not!

This card is a CASE of a card made by another Frantic Stamper Design Team. Her card was in landscape orientation, so I changed it up by turning it to portrait.

I started by diecutting the largest frame with the Elementals #16 - Stitched Rectangle Frames. I set the frame itself aside, and created a cloudy sky for the backdrop on the center piece left behind when cutting the frame. I diecut two stitched grassy hills and then cut them to size with the frame die. I glued one of the grass hills to the backdrop. I adhered the sun in the upper right corner of the backdrop, and trimmed off the excess. Next, I glued the backdrop centered on my card front.

I diecut the pig out of two shades of pink. I used the darker pink for the pig's ears and nostrils. I backed the eye area of the pig with white, and added two small black dots to the eyes with a black marker.

I added the pig's pen to the card, then the pig, and then a second grassy hill. Using foam tape, I added the frame, centering it over the backdrop. For fun and as a departure from the inspiration card, I added tiny purple flower sequins to the grass, and a sheer purple bow to the frame.
*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10788
 
FRA-Die-09986
 
FRA-Die-10091
 
FRA-Die-10471
 
FRA-Die-09

No comments:

Post a Comment