Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Suspended Pups



Suspended Pups
by Kathy Berger



I love the front and back cats and dogs from the March 2020 release! These dies were designed for the matching animals to be pasted together to make a single piece that can be viewed from the front or back. One of the most fun ways I could think of to use these animals was in a suspension card.

First I cut the front and back dog dies from white card stock and colored each piece with Copic markers. I then cut 3 6" pieces of thin nylon cord and sandwiched one between each oair of dogs, glued together with a strong liquid glue.



I used the Tri-panel Card Base die from the January 2020 release to cut holes in my card front, and in a separate panel. I glued those together, adhering the nylon cord between them so the dogs were suspended in the windows. I stamped "WOOF" onto a scrap of white cardstock and added it to a scrap of polka dotted paper, and affixed it to the upper center of the card front.

On the inside of the card I die cut the Stitched Paw Prints panel. I colored the areas outside of the paw prints light blue to form the sky. I then added some grassy hills that I die cut with the Stitched Grassy Hills Edgers from some green polka dot paper, coloring in random dots to make flowers. Lastly, I adhered a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock to the back of the card to give the card a more finished look.



Isn't this card fun? I can't wait to make more like it!






*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09000
 
FRA-Die-09
 
FRA-Die-09
 
FRA-Die-09
 
FRA-Die-09

No comments:

Post a Comment