Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Halloween




Happy Halloween
by Kathy Berger



I started my Halloween card with a layer of spooky spider webs in purple on black layered on orange and black. I added a creepy die cut drippy border and some washi tape.



Then I created a medallion by die cutting a square scroll out of both white and black card stock and stacking and gluing them together. I trimmed off all of the outside loops of the scroll, and then glued what remained to a scrap of black card stock. When dry, I trimmed it to the shape of my frame. I then die cut 6 small skulls from white and then stacked and glued them together and glued them to the medallion frame.

I added my medallion to the center of my card front with some pop-dots.




The outside of my card was finished. But what I think makes this card really special isn't the outside. It is the inside!








This card is a wonderfully dimensional pop-up card! The most special piece of the card is the graveyard pop-up. I die cut it into of a piece of white card stock that I then colored with Copic markers. The graveyard is a SINGLE die that cuts the grave stones and fence as well the connecting pieces of the pop up , as well as lightly de-bossing fold lines for the pop-up mechanism. There is nothing to do once this is cut except folding on the scored lines and attaching it to another card. Making this intricate pop-up is SO simple!

Once the sheet of card-stock was die-cut and colored, I trimmed it and added it o the inside of the card. Here is a closer look at that graveyard.



Once my pop-up grave yard was finished, I again used the pop-up die to cut a full piece of black card-stock for my night sky. I trimmed off the die cut piece to remove it from the card and then fit the negative in place. I then trimmed the black card-stock to the size of the top of my card.

I then decorated the night sky with a haunted house die-cut and a spooky moon. A couple of ghosts finished the background scene.



I then added a very spooky tree I die-cut to the scene by creating a simple box pop-up mechanism.



I added glow-in-the-dark glitter on the moon, ghosts, tree's eyes, and haunted house's windows, and then a stamped "Happy Halloween", and the card was done.



I hope you have enjoyed my Halloween card and the wonderful dies I used, all available at FranticStamper.com.

Smiles,
Kathy


Products used:

1 comment: