Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Peacock Feather Die (Sharon Jeffs)


Peacock Feather Die
by Sharon Jeffs


The Frantic Stamper Precision dies create just a wonderful array of die cuts that so much can be done with!

After die-cutting my feather I used different coloured Chalk pastels that I applied with my finger to gain the coloring that I wanted.  I found that the best way was to choose a lighter shade and apply it over the whole section then I used a darker shade that I applied along the centre section to give dimension.

One thing that I always find challenging when using pastels is how to set them but this time around I chose to use the Distress Rock Candy, also applied with my finger in dabbing motions.

My feather turned out so wonderful that I really wanted to create a card with it immediately.  Here is what I ended up creating ...




Products used:

2 comments:

  1. I can see the Peacock it should be attached to! :o) Great job! The coloring is blended just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring of this feather makes it all the better! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete