Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Peacock Feather Card (Sharon Jeffs)



Peacock Feather Card
by Sharon Jeffs


I love all the design images in the Frantic Stamper Precision dies.  I find them easy to use, without having to pick my die-cut out of the die.  For this card though, I really wanted to try out something different so I decided to use the negative image rather than the feather die-cut.

The feather die is a bit fiddly so I found I had to pre-plan everything for my final image to work effectively. One of the first things I did was leave everything together, the feather in place.  I then added a thin layer of adhesive onto the thin pieces that are not connected to the feather and the outer edges. I then turned it over and pressed it down onto my patterned paper.  Once dry, I used a toothpick to gently lift out the feather, leaving behind the negative image of the feather.

To finish my card, I added a mat to the feather layers and then adhered these to the centre front of my card.  Finally, I added a length of twine, knotting it at the base of the feather.

If you decide to have a go at using a negative die-cut image, I'd love to see how it turns out.



1 comment:

  1. Sharon. I love the way you did this! Negative images are often forgotten and they can be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete