Monday, February 25, 2013

Altered Clear Tin (Sharon Jeffs)




Altered Clear Tin
by Sharon Jeffs

I recently bought a small set of small Alphabet stamps but had nothing to store them in until I saw this little clear tin!  Unfortunately, it looked terribly plain so I had to decorate it.

I began by cutting strips from the patterned paper that I punched a border along.  I used a metal die to cut out the main sections on the front of my card as well as the patterned paper topper on the lid.



I added a swivel clasp and metal flower to the top of my tin to ensure it was always easy to open it when in a hurry but I also couldn't help using it as an option to add a hanging embellishment as well.



The Tilda stamp with her toy Kangaroo was colored with Copic markers and a white gel marker was used to enhance her cheeks.



The only downfall of my tin being decorated now is that both of my girls want the tin and are quite happy to try and convince me to give it to them!



No comments:

Post a Comment