Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Never-ending Love (Kathy Berger)





Never-ending Baby Card
by Kathy Berger


One of my cousins is having a baby boy! I made a baby blanket for him, and I needed a gift card to go with it, but I wanted the card to be special. I opted to make a Never-ending card, to symbolize the never-ending love and responsibility that goes with adding a child to a family.

The card measures 4" square and utilizes images from an unknown source along with a saying from Inkadinkado's Welcome Baby clear stamp set, and two Riley the Moose stamps, "Riley in the Moon" and "You're a Star" Riley. I also used the smallest star die from Spellbinders Stars Nestabilities.

The card is intended to be a keepsake, and has places for writing in vital information. But the card is also meant to be fun. The moons and every star in the card is painted with glow-in-the-dark glitter paint. Riley's antlers are flocked with Stampendous Caramel Latte flocking powder. I think those touches, along with the fact that the card is just FUN to play with because of its 4 faces and the fun way the card opens to each of those. The four faces are shown here:




In order to present my card, and to help protect it, I opted to add a belly-band, which is what is shown in the main photograph at the top of this post.

Making a Never-ending card is not difficult. For this one, I cut two 4" square pieces of light blue heavy card-stock. I then scored each of them at 1" from the left and right edges, and then turned them and cut them in half (at 2"), across the score lines. Realigning the rectangles of one of the squares with the central cut in the vertical direction, I used strong tape in the four corners, and affixed the other square on top of it, with the central cut in the horizontal direction. The mechanism is complete at this point, and works by simply folding on the score lines. All that is left is to decorate the card as desired.






Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! You make it sound so doable! Have to try it! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete