Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Fleur De Lis Card (Sharon Jeffs)





Fleur De Lis Card

by Sharon Jeffs

I was recently sorting through some old books, looking at which ones I could use for cards when I came across a whole book of blank aged paper. I decided to play with it and came up with this masculine card. I started by stamping my aged paper with the Frantic Stamper Grandfathers Letter Background stamp then tearing and inking the edges.

I then used a heat tool to make sure that the whole piece was thoroughly dry before stamping the Fleur De Lis stamp onto the centre and embossing it with Rangers Verdegris embossing powder. One thing I found with working on aged papers was that its extremely difficult to gauge how quickly the ink will dry or soak into the paper - but I actually like the worn kind of feeling so in the end it worked well for me.

To finish, I edged the interior sections of the Fluer De Lis with a white gel pen to make the stand out then completed my card by adding a pen nib!



Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment