Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Belly Banded Card (Sharon Jeffs)



Belly Banded Card
by Sharon Jeffs


One of my favourite things about card making is the seemingly endless possibilities in card designs.  One of my favourite is the Belly Banded card because of its ability to appear formal, in fact I used this design to make my daughters 17th birthday party invitations!

Perhaps the best part is that you only require a single sheet of 12 by 12 card and scraps to complete it.

To begin I cut a strip of card that measured 5 1/2 inches by 11 inches.  I marked the centre of this, lengthways then folded in each side to meet the middle to form a gate fold.



Next I cut a strip of card measuring 12 inches by 1 1/2 inches and wrapped this around the belly of my card then creased each side and adhered the two ends together.



Finally, decoration time!  I used a series of die cuts from scraps to cover up the centre join and add a focal point to my card front.



One the inside of the card, I also added some additional features ...





Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment