Thursday, May 09, 2013

Using the Scrolls (Kathy Berger)

Today I am going to share a few projects that utilize Frantic Stamper's new Scrolls and Squares Precision Dies. First up is the new Square Scroll Die.



Using the Scrolls
by Kathy Berger


On the front of the Bonjour Steps card that I shared on Sunday is the square scroll used as a frame for a lovely flower. The scroll was cut twice, once in green and once in pink. The center of the pink square, a part normally discarded, was fit back into the center of the green square, so the pink was perfectly framed by the green square. They were mounted together to the card front, and the flower was centered on them.




Another sample of the square scroll is found in this scrapbook page, which also uses the Eagle and America dies, from the USA set. On this page, the die was cut from navy blue card-stock, as was the photo. The center of the photo die cut (again, the part which would normally be discarded) was placed into the card-stock square scroll, making a wonderful and decorative frame for the photo.



The Flower Scroll is used in this card as the main focal point of the card. I cut the flower three times out of card-stock, using two different but coordinating patterns. I adhered two of the flowers directly to my card front, but I wanted more dimension for my third flower. So I cut the flower again, but out of craft foam. I adhered the paper flower to the craft foam flower, and then to the card, giving a wonderful lift and great support to my flower, and achieving just the look I was after.



That is it for my samples for today. Check back tomorrow for more samples using these wonderful new dies.


Products Used:
  • Frantic Stamper Precision Dies
  • Bazzill Card-stock
  • Bo Bunny Anthem Collection
  • Authentique Cherish Collection, 6x6 Paper Pad
  • Paper flower
  • Craft foam
  • Ribbon



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment