Friday, August 09, 2013

CatTail Sympathy Card, in 10 (Kathy Berger)




Cattail Sympathy
by Kathy Berger


I really have a hard time making sympathy cards. I don't know if it is the gravity of the subject that causes it, but I often feel that I just can't get the card to fit my emotion. I think I often "over do" the card in an attempt to get it right. But recently I saw in a store a series of sympathy cards that were clean and simple, and for me, they seemed just perfect...a simple expression of sorrow and shared grief.

This is one of my first efforts to create a card that matches that clean and simple style of sympathy card. And not only did this card end up being clean and simple, it was also super quick to make!

First I scribbled stripes of color using Memento markers onto an acrylic block then heavily misted it with water. I stamped the block onto a piece of white card-stock, allowing the color to sink in a bit prior to lifting the block. I trimmed the card-stock and mounted it on black card-stock, and then used pop-dots to attach it to a plain white card. Then I die-cut two Frantic Stamper Precision Die cattails out of black card-stock and affixed one to the colored panel, and a second one to the lower right of the inside of the card. And lastly, I stamped "With Sympathy" from the Hero Arts Clear stamp set "Say it All" on the lower right of the card front and "Sending Caring Thoughts Your Way" from a Hero Arts clear stamp set called "With Sympathy" on the inside of the card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

I hope you enjoyed the card. It is one I will surely be keeping in my repertoire.

Smiles,
Kathy


Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment