Monday, August 12, 2013

Paris Highlights Card (Sharon Jeffs)



Paris Highlights Card
by Sharon Jeffs


I recently discovered the wonderful world of step cards and have been exploring all the many forms this wonderful technique has to offer.  I created my card using this template:


The card I created measured 6 inches by 12 inches and used the measurements supplied on the template.

To decorate, I cut out pieces to cover the front and the two side sections from white card.  With a blending tool I inked each piece with Tattered Rose then Tea Dye and finally Walnut Stain over the edges.  On the centre main piece I stamped the Great Grandfather's Letter background stamp with Tea Dye.

Using a die-cut machine I cut a shape to affix to the centre of the front and a mat for this.  On the top layer of these I inked the surface in the same way as earlier then stamped the label stamp at the bottom left side using Walnut Stain.

To finish, I cut a Vintage Dress Form from a scrap of patterned paper and black card and adhered this to the front section, just over the stamped label then the Paris-scape from black card and adhered it to the base edge of my card.


Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment