Thursday, August 22, 2013

Graduation Card / Gear Up For Success (Rozy Smith)







Graduation Card / Gear Up For Success
by Rozy Smith


I started with a 6 1/2" x 5" card base (I used white and stained it as I went along, but you could start with any type of card base you would like).

Next I cut a 4 1/2"x 5 1/2" mat from My Minds Eye Life Stories paper of my choice. I ran that piece of matting through my embossing machine (mine is a Craftwell eBosser) using the Tim Holtz embossing folder "Gears". Then I distressed with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I adhered this mat to the card base and framed it with American Craft White Glitter Tape.

I created my own tag using a blank white tag from Frantic Stamper, stained it, and typed "Gear Up For Success". I added a few Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers, then I made another background tag, slightly larger for matting purposes, adhered the two together and placed stitching all around the edges. I adhered it to the card front.

Using my die cut machine, I cut the gears out of Shimmer Sheetz, then placed various brads in the centers and mounted with dimensional dots for depth. I adhered Dazzle "Turquoise/Silver" dots on some of the gears and used some Tim Holtz Metal gears.

The back of the card is distressed and the inside of the card has more Minds Eye Life Stories paper. The tag on the inside was created from the same paper.

I used my Ranger Large Craft Mat to keep the mess to a minimum! Although that is half the fun, right?

Decorate and always have a good time and make it your own!


2 comments:

  1. Very cool card!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! It has a nice masculine feel to it:). Well done...

    ReplyDelete