Saturday, August 17, 2013

One Tree, Two Ways (Kathy Berger)







One Tree Two Ways
by Kathy Berger


While I will be sharing the cards that use these trees in the near future, I thought I would give a preview and share the two very different looks I got from this one tree die.

I cut both trees from white card stock using the new Leafless Tree die from Frantic Stamper. After cutting them, I used the eyes and mouth dies that came with the tree to cut a face in one of the trees. I coated a small scrap of black card-stock with glow-in-the-dark glitter glue, and glued it in place behind the tree's face.

I colored both of the trees using Copic markers. I chose warm and cool grays for the Halloween tree and warm browns for the other. I carefully blended the colors to give each tree shape and shadows, but the embossed lines from the die helped to give the trees texture. For the warm summer tree, I first added a swing from the Leafless Tree set, then I cut three cloud shapes using My Favorite Things Die-namic Cloud Trio dies and colored them with various shades of green, and attached them behind the tree tops.

The Leafless Tree die set is wonderfully versatile because of all the accessories that are included, but color can make a difference, too!

I can't wait to share the rest of these two cards, which use more dies from the fabulous Frantic Stamper Precision Die line!



Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I like the extreme difference in the two trees. Really a good visual for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete