Monday, August 26, 2013

Shabby Tag with Violet Suede Paper (Lis Whiting)



Shabby Tag with Violet Suede Paper
by Lis Whiting

I've been having a lot of fun working with suede paper lately.  It's a beautiful paper that actually has a very soft tactile feel - like suede.  It comes in some beautiful colors too!

I started with a Sizzix TIme Holtz die for my tag and used the movers and shapers to add a cut out of a Victorian lady cameo (also Sizzix).  My tag base is ivory cardstock and the entire front is covered in violet suede paper with the cameo cut out.

Following are close ups of the tag in sections with comments.

I used stick pins at the top. It makes the tag a little longer but I thought it needed something.  What better to go with a Victorian cameo than stick pins!



I had a little brass key that I looped the ribbon through.  I also wrapped a single paper flower around the key.



For my cameo, I took some images (color) and collaged them to fit behind the opening.  I then cut a piece of acetate to fit.  I glued the acetate to the collage art with Glossy Accents and glued the whole thing to the back of the suede paper so it would show through.  Then I glued the suede paper to my tag base. (I added a single pearl to the "hairpiece" - looks good!)



I have three layers at the bottom of my tag: lace, ribbon and pearls. All three birds are wood, and adhered with mounting tape.



Here is another view so that you can see the dimension of the tag,


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you try out some suede paper on your next project!

-Lis

Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have never used Suede paper, will have to give that a try! Very beautiful! Love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete