Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sketch Sunday: Card #3





Today's sketch is for a square card, but could probably also be used for a scrapbook page, or perhaps as a square element ON a scrapbook page! Sketches aren't cast in concrete; they are intended to be used as a starting point. For me, they are a way to simplify the task of finding balance and harmony in a creation. Sometimes when I am creating a card from scratch, I get to what I think will be the end and I find it is just "missing something." That never seems to happen when I start from a sketch. The balance is always right, the layout always works... as long as I have images or papers that enable me to get the relative sizes of the elements right.

How about you? Do you find using a sketch helps you to get to a finished product more easily? How do you use sketches (Do you use sketches??)? Please leave a comment and let us know your thoughts on this or any other sketch.

And as always, if you decide to use this week's sketch, the design team would love it if you would share! Upload a photo somewhere (Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, etc.) and then share a link with us in the comments. To share all you need to do is add the following codes to your comment, and then replace the word "link" with the actual link to your photo:

      <a href="link">My Card</a>

Your comment will then contain the words "My Card" which will link to your photo. The design team really looks forward to seeing your work!

Smiles,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch...you should add your sketch to Allison's sketch listings here...my go to place for sketch challenges!

    http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/search/label/Sketch%20Designs

    ReplyDelete