Saturday, April 16, 2011

Something Special Saturday: Contest Reminder



I wanted to remind you that we are having an Easter Egg decorating contest.

Decorate a paper, plastic, wooden, or real egg of your choice, take a photo of it, and send the photo to the design team for us to vote on. All entries must be photographed in a high quality photograph, one egg per photo, and emailed to franticStamperContest@gmail.com NO LATER than midnight PDT, April 20, 2011. Please try to keep the size of the photo file under a megabyte. Enter as many times as you wish, but each egg entered must be your own creation, must use products available at FranticStamper.com, and must NOT use any product available only through home party companies (for example, Stampin' Up.) The design team will chose a winner from the eligible entries, and the winner will be announced on Saturday April 23, 2011. The decision of the design team is final.

The winner will be sent a prize package by FranticStamper, so get your creativity going and start decorating your eggs!

For inspiration, I would like to share one of my egg creations. This egg started off as a pale yellow plastic egg, about 2 1/2" tall, and 1 3/4" in diameter at its widest point, and was inspired by some Fabergé eggs...



I colored the outside of the egg with lapis blue alcohol ink, then used a Martha Stewart edger punch to punch the metal lattice out of aluminum flashing tape. I added little strips (1/8" in width) of that tape as well, and then added rhinestones. I colored the inside of the egg with a gray alcohol ink pen.

I made the platform using a 1 3/4" circle punch, first with a circle of card-stock held in place by a strip of flashing tape around its edge, then with a circle of flashing tape on top. Lastly, I made the metal rose out of a ribbon of flashing tape, using a quilling tool and punched out some flashing tape leaves and embossed them.

The silver holder was a plastic soda bottle cap, a medicine bottle cap, and a piece of wood, all covered with the flashing tape. I added a small ornament hook on the front, and some bling.

I sure had fun making this!! I hope you will join me in the fun and enter the contest. I'd love to see what you have made!

And lastly, I have another bit of inspiration for you. Here is a video from Hot Off The Press, on using Dazzles™ to decorate Easter eggs. Make Dazzling Easter eggs! Use the Dazzles™ right on your eggs or use them as a mask for dying. Watch the video to see how Paulette decorated her Easter eggs and even made an Easter basket!



Kathy Berger
FranticStamper Design Team Facilitator

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your egg is really pretty! It is very original.

    ReplyDelete